I love the meals where you cook everything in one pan. The beef and pasta cook all together so the pasta is infused with tons of flavor from the spices and beef stock. I am not a huge pasta fan but when it is cooked like this I love it!
You need to remember to stir the pasta during cooking otherwise your pasta may cook unevenly (I had a few tough pieces in my dish, oops). But, everyone loved this dish. It was simple with lots of flavor. Add a simple side salad and a green vegetable and your meal is complete.
Cheesy Macaroni and Beef Skillet
I love simple one skillet dinners with tons of flavor!
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Morton’s Natures Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (16 oz) box pasta
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- extra cheese and parsley for topping if desired
- In a large skillet or pan brown the ground beef and onion over medium-high heat breaking the beef up into small pieces as it cooks. Drain any grease from pan after cooking.
- Mix seasoning, tomato paste, pasta, and beef stock into the meat. Cover and allow pan to come to a simmer. Turn the heat down and allow pasta to cook for 7-9 minutes until desired texture is reached. Stir often to ensure that pasta is cooked evenly.
- Uncover pan and allow any extra moisture to cook off for a minute or two if needed. Stir in 1/2 of cheeses. Continue to stir until cheese melts. Place rest of cheese on top and cover for a few minutes until cheese melts. Remove pan from heat and serve with extra cheese over the top as desired.