These were an attempt to make Magic Bars without coconut. We like coconut but not everyone does. These were good but they are REALLY sticky! They taste rich and amazing but if you like coconut at all add the coconut. These fall apart so easily that I almost didn’t post them but they were so good the pan was gone in two days.
I could only eat these in teeny tiny bites. They are so rich! But, the kids loved it all.
Oreo Magic Bars
A sticky super sweet cookie that my kids loved.
- 1 package of Oreo cookies, regular NOT Double Stuff
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 heaping cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chocolate chips , milk, semi-sweet or a little of both
- ½ cup pecan halves (or walnuts)
- Crush Oreos into fine crumbs with a food processor or with a rolling-pin.
- Add melted butter and stir to combine. Press mixture firmly into a 9×13 baking pan and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Remove pan from the fridge. Drizzle sweetened condensed milk over the crust.
- Sprinkle butterscotch and white chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes next. Top with chocolate chips and nuts.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Cut into bars or refrigerate until ready to serve. Store leftovers in refrigerator.