Okay. If you are following along I missed week 7. I will go back and fill it in later but wanted to keep going with my project. Life sometimes gets in the way of things and I didn’t want it to completely derail my efforts.
These are so fresh tasting. At a time when we are eating tons of sweets and heavy foods it is nice to have something simple and fresh. The lemon adds a brightness to the scone which pairs nicely with the blueberries.
Blueberry Lemon Scones
A bright, light, simple scone.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Sprinkle of granulated sugar for the tops of the scones
- Preheat the oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, and salt in the bowl and combine.
- Cut the butter into pieces. Incorporate it into the flour with a fork until combined into small crumbs.
- Slowly drizzle the half and half into the bowl and stir until just combined.
- Divide dough in half. Form each half into a circle, about 1 1/2-inches thick. Score each circle into 6 triangles with a knife, and move the pieces away from each other leaving about 1/2″ in between. Sprinkle tops with granulated sugar.
- Bake the scones for 14 to 18 minutes, or until set in the centers and slightly golden on the bottoms.
- Remove from pan to cool.