I got to choose the dessert the other night and we have not had chocolate cake in forever! My daughter was not really into making a cake from scratch so we made a bundt cake from a cake mix AND a brownie mix. This was so easy but felt so decadent.
This was super moist and chocolatey. My daughter loved how very simple it was to make. Perfect when you need a dessert for a potluck or an evening at home.
Simple Chocolate Bundt Cake
"A simple chocolate cake with a yummy ganache."
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 1 box of fudge brownie mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups of water
- 1 cup of oil
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 12 oz. milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a bundt pan VERY well or it will stick in the creases.
- Beat together cake mix, brownie mix, eggs, water and oil in a large bowl for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Pour batter into pan and even out. Bake for 50-55 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Be careful not to overbake or the edges will get hard.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before inserting a butter knife around the edge of the pan and the flute to loosen. Finish cooling on a rack.
- To make topping – pour whipping cream in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 2 minutes in microwave until very hot. Pour chocolate chips into the cream and let sit for 5 minutes to melt. Whisk until smooth and pour over the cake. Let sit until cake cools.
- Slice and serve.