The weather is definitely turning! I love the maple trees around the area as they turn the beautiful shades of red and gold. The wind has been picking up and these leaves will not last much longer on the trees but they are so beautiful while they last. They are predicting low 30s for Halloween so hopefully all the little ones have warm costumes!
This is a great simple meal on those nights you are super busy. I keep at least one or two bags of shrimp in my freezer for nights like these. Add some spices and a few toppings and dinner is on the table in no time! Throw the shrimp in the refrigerator in the morning to be defrosted by dinner or quick defrost them in cold water.
You can put whatever you like on the tacos – avocados, onions, salsa, olives, lettuce, tomatoes, etc… It is entirely up to you and your family! We went old school simple with what we had available in our refrigerator. Both kids gobbled them up and it was a perfectly simple meal that was a bit special just by adding the shrimp.
- 2 lbs. shrimp (I used frozen thawed in refrigerator)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoons cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- taco toppings (of your choice): cheese, tomato, salsa, onions, olives, avocado, olives, etc…
- 10 medium flour tortillas (warmed)
- sour cream, if desired
- In a large skillet over medium heat warm shrimp, water, and spices to a slow simmer. Allow water to evaporate and shrimp to curl slightly. Shrimp will turn slightly opaque when done. Be careful not to overcook!
- Warm tortillas in oven. Serve topped with shrimp and toppings while warm.