I am back (I hope!) for awhile. I got my computer back. It was just far too difficult to post on my phone and tablet. It was so frustrating that I decided a break was needed. Thank you for sticking with me!
I am into this idea of semi homemade right now. I go through period of times time where I make everything from scratch and then when times are busy I find myself doing the semi homemade. Mixing premade items with the fresh to make meals easier. All of the items in this recipe can be homemade – 2 cups gravy, cream of chicken soup, but I used the canned and instant versions for this
I didn’t expect my family to like this as much as they did. It was perfect over homemade mashed potatoes on a cold snowy night. Because it was in the slow cooker we had the delicious smell filling the house all day too.
Because I was making this in the slow cooker I had extra time at meal time so I made simple homemade mashed potatoes to serve the chicken and gravy over. Leaving the skins on the potatoes and doing a quick mash took no time at all and made the dish even better.
I served this with a side of green beans and a green side salad to complete the meal.
- 2 – 2 1/2 lb. chicken breast
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (0.87 oz) packets of turkey gravy (can use chicken but we prefer turkey)
- 1 3/4 cups water
- mashed potatoes, rice, or noodles for serving as desired
- Place chicken in bowl of slow cooker, with cream of chicken soup, gravy mix, and water. Stir well. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high 3-4 until chicken is done.
- Shred chicken and stir gravy. If gravy is too thin stir in one teaspoon of cornstarch diluted in one tablespoon of cold water to thicken.
- Serve hot over mashed potatoes, rice or noodles.