So day three of eating pork. We had pork butt (click for link to recipe), Caramelized Pork (click for link to recipe) and now Barbecue Pork Pasta. The nice thing was that no one complained because the dishes were so different that they didn’t feel like they were eating pork every day. And, I still have enough leftovers to freeze for another small dish like Pork Fried Rice another week.
Having the pork cooked in advance made this dinner super easy to bring together. If your family likes pulled pork and barbecue sauce they will love this super simple pasta dish. We love sauce so we use plenty of barbecue sauce to make it saucy but you can cut back if you like.
We served this dish with green beans and a green side salad.
- 1 (16 oz) box spaghetti, cooked al dente according to directions
- 4 cups pork, cooked and shredded or small chop (great for leftover pork)
- 1 (28 oz) bottle barbecue sauce, your favorite (I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue Sauce) – 2/3 of bottle for recipe rest for topping as desired
- 1 (12 oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped for topping as desired
- 2 cups sharp cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 pan or dutch oven with non-stick spray.
- In a skillet over low heat, stir together pulled pork, about 2/3 of the bottle of barbecue sauce, tomatoes, and cream cheese. Stir until cream cheese is melted and fully blended into the sauce.
- Stir in cooked spaghetti until well combined. Taste and add extra sauce or spices as desired. Spread evenly in pan and then top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to get bubbly and brown on the edges.
- Serve with onions on top as desired.