One of my favorite food combinations is beef, barbecue sauce, mashed potatoes and sharp cheddar cheese. To me this is like comfort food on steroids. Slowly we are coming up for air but it has been a bumpy time the last few weeks.
Verdict: This is one of our favorite dishes for cold busy nights. We love the barbecue sauce+ over garlic mashed potatoes with a nice sprinkle of sharp cheddar cheese over the top to let it melt in. YUMMY!
Add a green side salad and a vegetable side to complete the meal.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef Tips
- 2 pounds Beef Sirloin Tip Steak, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite – I used Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbecue)
- 3 teaspoons water
- 3 teaspoons corn starch
- In a slow cooker place steak pieces on the bottom.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, Italian dressing, garlic powder and barbecue sauce. Stir to mix.
- Cook on low for 3 – 4 hours or until done.
- Once beef is almost cooked in a small bowl, mix together the water & corn starch. Add to steak mixture and mix.
- Cook until sauce has thickened. Taste and adjust spices to your liking.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.