My family would vote hands down that this is their favorite appetizer. It is so simple yet so flavorful. I make them 2-3 times a year. This is one of our favorite ways to serve them. They can stay warm in the slow cooker until they are served. So simple!
Verdict: Sweet and Tangy says it all. Whether you serve these with other appetizers or with a salad, vegetable and side as part of a meal these are yummy!
Sweet 'n' Tangy Little Smokies
- 2 (16 oz) packages Little Smokies (we prefer this Hillshire Farm brand but your choice)
- 1 1/2 cup barbecue sauce, your favorite
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- In a slow cooker add the Little Smokies, packaged drained, to the bottom. In a medium sized bowl combine the barbecue sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and paprika.
- Pour the sauce over the Smokies and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
- Taste and adjust spices about 1/2 way through cooking.
5 Comments Add yours
Def gonna have these. 😋🍃
Mmmm! love this one! I love food like this!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! We love little bites. They are the best meals.