This recipe came up in one my searches recently and I was unable to stop thinking about it. When we were out shopping I picked up the ingredients to make it. I think we all think it was better than we remembered it. I made a small change to the recipe because I couldn’t find a 5 oz box of pudding mix and made it a bit thicker.
I love Pepperidge Farms Chessman Cookies. They are rich and buttery. They usually have all the chess pieces embossed on the front but these were a special that had spring scenes on them. If you don’t have chessman any real buttery cookie will do.
Banana Pudding Chessman Dessert
- 1 (12 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk or fat-free half and half
- 2 (3.4 oz) box French Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 8-10 bananas, thinly sliced
- 2 bags Chessman cookies
- Cover the bottom of a 13″ x 9″ casserole dish with Chessman cookies.
- Cover the cookies by layering the banana slices on top.
- In a bowl beat the milk and pudding mix until smooth. In a second bowl beat the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Fold the two bowls together.
- Pour the mixture over the bananas and smooth out.
- Cover the top with the remaining Chessman cookies.