Verdict: My family really likes this dish. I generally make it with leftover chicken breasts from another meal or that I cook extra when I am making chicken breasts anyway. I just cube it up and save it for a dish just like this! The Ranch over the fries is one of our favorite parts. You can make your own Ranch dressing or use your favorite bottled.
I didn’t have green onions so I sprinkled chopped onion over the top when it was done. Remember don’t have an ingredient or don’t like one? Have a work around. Make it how you and your family will love it! Bacon yes? Bacon no? Up to you!
Loaded Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- olive oil
- 3 cups shredded deli-roasted chicken or chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- 2/3 cup buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s brand)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 32 oz. bag frozen french fries
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Cheddar/Monterey Jack blend cheese
- 16 oz bacon, fried and chopped
- green onions, sliced thin
- sour cream
- Cook frozen French fries according to package directions. We like them crispy remember you will cook them again but they will have dressing over them so they will not crispy anymore. Once done remove from oven.
- Move heat on oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray 9″ x 13″ casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In medium bowl, mix chicken, buffalo sauce melted butter, and garlic powder (taste to adjust spices); spoon into baking dish
- In second bowl, mix Ranch dressing and French fries. Mix well to coat; spoon fries over chicken; bake 15-20 minutes until entire dish is warmed through.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl mix cheese, bacon, and onions; evenly scatter cheese-bacon mixture over casserole and bake additional 3-4 minutes until cheese melts; remove from oven.
- Serve hot with sour cream topping as desired.