With all the end of the year stuff happening at school we are trying to keep dinners simple yet comforting. We are all craving cheesy, creamy dishes. This super simple dish comes together easily, you don’t even have to cook the chicken first! How easy is that!
Verdict: I think this is the first dish in quite awhile that all four of us agreed that we liked the dinner and would eat it again soon. It was easy to make, easy to clean up, and had great flavor.
I served this with green beans and a green side salad to complete the meal.
Cheesy Chicken and Stuffing
- 2 (10.75 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 12 oz Mozzarella cheese, shredded or sliced
- 4 cups dry stuffing mix (from the bag NOT the red box!)
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together milk and cream of chicken soup.
- Place chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch glass baking dish. Pour chicken soup mixture over chicken breasts. Layer cheese on top and then sprinkle stuffing over the cheese. Pour butter over the stuffing trying to cover all the stuffing as much as possible.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and stuffing is golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.