I love potatoes! Mashed, roasted, fried, or boiled I don’t care I will eat them in any form. Now, another favorite of mine is vinegar – cider vinegar, malt vinegar, or balsamic vinegar, are all my favorites. Combining potatoes AND vinegar now that is perfection to me!
Verdict: When making these you have to be careful not overcrowd the pan(s) or you will steam the potatoes and they will not become crispy. You want enough oil to keep these from sticking to the pan but not too much so that it makes the potatoes soggy. I use a paper towel to soak up any extra oil about 1/2 way through the baking time.
You may need to leave these in just a bit longer to make them crispy on the edges depending on the thickness of your potatoes. I find about 1/4″ is perfect for my liking.
I served these with balsamic vinegar but malt, apple cider, or white vinegar all work well too.
Crispy Roasted Potatoes
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes
- 3-4 cloves garlic, smashed and left whole
- 3 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh dill, rosemary, thyme, or parsley, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the potatoes into 1/4″ rounds. Place all the potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, combine all the spice and mix well.
- Sprinkle the spices over the tops of the potatoes. Massage the oil and spices into the potatoes. Make sure each potato gets coated.
- Arrange the potatoes so the potatoes are not touching each other. If you need to add another pan so that they can be spread out do so.
- Roast the potatoes for about 30 minutes.
- Take the pan out of the oven and carefully flip the potatoes over. If there is any oil pooling on the pan and it’s causing the potatoes to not brown, soak up some of the oil with a paper towel.
- Place the pan back in the oven and continue roasting for another 15-20 minutes until the edges of the potatoes are nice and crispy.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and serve immediately. Just before serving, toss with your choice of vinegar.