We are needing simple go to meals right now as we are preparing for lots of upcoming events in our lives. All good, but just super busy. To try and keep up from eating out so much I am using items we have on hand at home or things I can easily pick-up at our little town grocery store. I don’t even feel like putting in an order for groceries until the beginning of next month at the larger store so we have to make do.
Verdict: This was yummy! If you are looking closely you can tell I forgot to take a picture after I put the balsamic drizzle over the top! If you love vinegar as much as we do you will be glad you added the drizzle!
This flatbread would also be great with grilled chicken or baked chicken breasts. To make this meal super simple cook an extra breast or two next time you are cooking chicken and slice it up once cooled. Freeze the chicken until ready to use!
We served this with a green side salad to complete the meal.
Balsamic Crispy Chicken Flatbread
- 6 Naan flatbreads
- 12-16 oz mozzarella cheese, freshly shredded
- 10-12 oz roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
- 20 oz. crispy chicken tenders or bite sized pieces, frozen chicken
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Basil, chiffonade (roll leaves together and cut into thin strips)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Bake chicken tenders according to package directions until crispy. If using grilled or baked pre-cooked chicken move to step 2.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place naan on rimmed baking sheets and brush with melted butter and sprinkle with powdered garlic.
- Place a little olive oil in the bottom of a skillet and add the onion slices. Cook over medium heat until softened, about 15 minutes.
- While the onions cook make your balsamic glaze by mixing balsamic vinegar and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat until reduced by half. Simmer but do not boil for about 20 minutes.
- Divide the cheese, roasted red peppers, chicken, and onions between the Naan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Top with fresh basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze. Serve warm.