More potatoes? Yes! I love potatoes. They are so versatile that they pair well with with just about any main dish you are serving. Ham, beef, fish, doesn’t seem to matter I can find a potato that goes with just about any dish.
Verdict: These potatoes are so easy to make and add some fun of dipping to the meal. My family loves to dip and this lets them. The potatoes are crispy on the outside but soft in the center. Then add some of the dill dip and you get that creamy flavorful comfort food. So good!
Crispy Parmesan Potatoes with Dip
- 2 pounds baby potatoes, halved if large
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- black pepper, to taste
- ⅓ cup+ Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- ½ teaspoon each garlic powder and dill
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- garnish: freshly cut chives, green onions, or parsley as desired
- Boil potatoes on stove top until fork tender.
- While potatoes are cooking mix sour cream, mayonnaise, chives, garlic powder, dill, onion powder until well blended in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove potatoes from heat and drain. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place potatoes on a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly smash down the potatoes with the bottom of a glass or large spoon. Drizzle potatoes with melted butter and sprinkle with black pepper.
- Bake about 15 minutes. Cover with Parmesan cheese and broil for 2 minutes to brown tops. Watch carefully!
- Remove pan from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving with dip on the side as desired.