Still on my Pinterest theme today. This was one of those recipes that I had almost everything I needed but still had to make a bit of substitutions. I NEVER use cream of something soups or premixed dressings if I can help it. I started with this recipe for Buffalo Chicken and Potatoes at Holy Cannoli Recipes.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips, raw
- 1/3 c. Franks hot sauce
- 1 bag of frozen crinkle cut french fries
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups of sour cream
- 1/8 cup of melted butter
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup of minced onion
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup of crushed Corn Chex mixed with 2 Tablespoons of melted butter
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing to add after cooked, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer french fries in the bottom of the pan. Add sour cream and stir in pan to mix.
- In medium bowl, stir together hot sauce, melted butter and garlic powder. Taste and add pepper or hot sauce as desired for your family. Mine likes a bit of heat but not overly hot. Then add chicken pieces stirring well.
- Arrange chicken over french fries and pour extra dressing evenly over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle minced onion and sliced celery evenly over the chicken. Then top with shredded cheeses. Finally sprinkle the crushed Corn Chex mixed with butter evenly over the casserole.
- Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes; uncover and bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender and juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
This was out of this world amazing! Twice a week we have to have dinner to go. Meaning I am driving an hour each direction to dance classes while the children eat, do homework and sleep in the car. We have special dishes that we take our meals in each time. This dish was for one of the trips.
Both children thought it smelled funny but once I told them it was all of their favorite appetizers – loaded fries and chicken wings put together they happily dug in and wished they had added more to their dishes before we left. We all used Ranch dressing as a drizzle over the top of the casserole but my daughter definitely wants to try blue cheese next time.
Yes, there will be a next time for this tasty dish.