Sweet Little Smokie Sausages

Sweet Little Smokies Sausages - 2

This is not a great picture but these disappear so quickly around my house it is impossible for me to get a picture!

This is the easiest appetizer to make and everyone always loves it.  The pineapple bits and the little Smokies with the sweet sauce are delicious!

Ingredients:

• 2 packages of Hillshire Little Smokies sausages
  • 1 small container of Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey Barbeque sauce, or your favorite sauce
  • 1 can of Dole tidbit pineapple chunks drained (there is always a fight in our house whose turn it is to drink the juice)
  • 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar

Directions:

1. Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick spray.
  2. Place all ingredients into the slow cooker and stir well.
  3. Heat on low 2-4 hours until sugar has dissolved and all ingredients are well mixed.  Taste sauce about half way through to see if you would like to add more brown sugar.  We prefer it a bit sweeter than most so I end up adding about 2 more Tablespoons half way through.
  4. Serve with tooth picks.

Thank you! I hope you like them. They are my kids favorite holiday treat.

1. Lisa says:

that looks really good! Happy Friday wishes for you tomorrow! Hugz Lisa and Bear

Thank you! Same to you!

2. Little Voice says:

Going to try those smoked sausages…they look really good. Thanks for liking my post.

Thank you! I hope you like them as much as we do!

3. Roo's Ruse says:

We loved to make something very similar for movie nights – then we learned our little girl is allergic to pork. I’m glad to meet you!

You too! Wow, a pork allergy. That’s one I have never heard of.

1. Roo's Ruse says:

I know. Right? Seriously, I thought it was one of those silly “kid” come-ons (except she was sixteen then, 21 now). Last year I forgot about it and used bacon including some drippings in some potato soup (yum!) and she was sick for two days. I tell her that just un-American 😉 No worries. More for me when she eats out 😀