I needed a quick meal that would travel well for our usual Tuesday and Thursday drive to dance classes, a one hour drive each way. I had nothing planned and time was running out to get a meal ready that could be eaten in the car. I pick my son up from the bus stop and we immediately leave town twice a week so I need to have quick, easy to prepare and not too messy meals to eat in the car.
I only had a few items in my fridge as we were trying to empty our cupboards and freezer this month in anticipation of restocking over the summer. I took what I had in my fridge and created my version of a “Mediterranean Pizza.”
- One pre made pizza crust
- 1/2 container of Philadelphia Cooking Creme – Savory Garlic (10 oz.)
- 1/2 cup of feta cheese
- handful of basil cut into small strips
- Sun-dried tomato strips packed in oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread approximately 1/2 of the creme from a container of Cooking Creme over the pizza crust.
- Evenly distribute basil across the top of the pizza.
- Place slice of sun-dried tomatoes on the pizza. I only used a few as my family tends not to like them as much but put as many on as your family would like.
- Sprinkle the feta cheese over the top of the pizza.
- Bake the pizza at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes. Crust will crisp up and feta will start to melt some.
I served this with a green salad on the side and we had a lovely meal that my kids could easily eat in the car. No drive-thrus or take out needed.