This meal was just from what I had in the refrigerator and freezer. I am trying to use up all our “supplies” so that I can start refilling this summer. So, other than buying a few fresh items my grocery shopping is extremely limited.
I used boxed Mrs. T’s Pierogies in this recipe. They worked fine. I prefer fresh homemade pierogies but I did not have the time nor inclination to make them.
- 2 boxes of Mrs. T’s Pierogies – any flavor
- 1/4 lb. of bacon – cooked to crispy
- 1/4 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 16 oz. bag of frozen broccoli
- 1 large videlia or sweet onion sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 cup of butter, divided
- Heat 1/4 cup of butter in a large frying pan over med-low heat. Add onions. Let onions cook slowly for about 15 minutes.
- While onions are cooking steam broccoli according to package.
- Once onions are just starting to turn brown add 2 boxes of pierogies and rest of butter to the fry pan. Raise heat to medium.
- Finish cooking pierogies and onions until pierogies are brown and warmed through.
- Add cooked broccoli and crumbled bacon to the pan and stir to mix.
- Serve with Parmesan sprinkled over the top.
This was another “to-go” dinner. It was easy for my children to eat from plastic bowls in the car and they thought it was yummy.