My family LOVES Greek flavors in food. Lots of oregano, parsley and garlic are in many of our dishes. One of their favorites is our version of Greek Hamburgers (recipe at bottom of page).
When I saw a recipe on Pinterest for Marinated Feta I knew it would be a hit in our family. My kids sneak feta cheese right out of the container in the refrigerator and if I leave it on the table before dinner there may not be any in the container when we actually sit down for dinner.
I read the recipe for Marinated Feta Cheese at Lemons and Anchovies and decided to make it for dinner.
It was very good. I had to cut down the oil and changed up the spices a bit but it had a bright, springy taste that made us all wish we had warm pita bread instead of rolls to go with it.
- 8 oz. feta cheese, cubed
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice in a bowl. When well blended stir in the herbs.
- Add the cubed feta and toss until all the pieces are covered in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours before serving.
- Stir well before serving.
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1 box of frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 tsp. garlic powder (use more or less according to your families tastes)
- 2 tsp. dried oregano (use more or less according to your families tastes)
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 3 TBSP. dried onion
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to just well combined.
- Form into 8 patty portions.
- Cook over medium heat until no longer pink in center.
One Comment Add yours
Your greek burgers topped with the marinated feta is such a great idea and it looks sooo good! Glad you ran into my recipe on Pinterest and tried it. Thanks so much!!