I love fall. It is my favorite season by far. I love sleeping in the crisp cool air. The smell of cinnamon and apples.
Right now apples are CHEAP and delicious. The past few weeks apples have been holding at $.58 a pound here. So, I have been buying them several times a week. My kids eat them all day and I am using them in as many things as I can.
So, when thinking about dinner I had a few apples that were getting a bit soft. We like them extra hard and crisp so I started scouring Pinterest to see what I could find.
I found this recipe for Caramel Apple Pork Chops at A Few Shortcuts.com. I already had everything on hand so this was it.
This was YUMMY! Taking a bite of pork with the apple was heavenly. The entire house smelled amazing.
My kids thought it was weird at first but once they tasted it they were really happy I had made it. The one thing I will do next time is use boneless pork steaks or boneless pork chops. I only had regular pork chops on hand but next time it will definitely be worth the effort to run out and pick up boneless ones. I did double the sauce from the original recipe as we tend to like things with a bit more sauce.
I served this with mashed potatoes and a mixed vegetables.
- 4-6 Boneless Pork Chops
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 Cups Sliced and peeled tart apples like Granny Smith
- 3 Tbsp Chopped Pecans
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a skillet heat oil over medium heat. Sprinkle pork chop with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-4 minutes on each side just to brown the pork chop.
- Place pork chops in a 13×9 baking pan.
- In the same skillet that you browned the pork chops add butter, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add apples to the skillet and cook until softened about 10-15 minutes.
- Pour the apple mixture over the pork chops and place in the oven for about 30 minutes until cooked through.
- Serve with sauce and top with chopped pecans.