One last To-Go dinner before vacation! I am ready to burst with excitement. We are heading to Walt Disney World. I am a master planner so I have breakfasts and dinners booked for our stay. Half are our old favorites such as Biergarten, Crystal Palace and Cape May Cafe’ and the rest are new to us such as 1900 Park Fare Breakfast, Be Our Guest and Whispering Canyon. Two weeks of no cooking whatever shall I do?
This was our last night of meals on the road for a while. I added cut veggies – peppers, carrots and cucumbers to the above dish to make our To-Go dinner.
The kids loved the Pork Fried Rice. I made it a bit differently than usual. I normally don’t add powdered ginger but adding just a touch really ramped up the flavors.
I had a cooked piece of leftover pork loin frozen from a dinner last month that I partially thawed before cutting into small cubes. That made this dinner extra easy to prepare.
- 6 cups rice, pre-cooked and allowed to sit over night or for at least 2 hours to dry a bit
- 1/2 lb cooked pork loin, cubed in 1/4″ pieces
- 1 (16 oz) bag of frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2/3 cup Tsang’s Stir Fry Sauce
- 3 TBSP soy sauce, low-sodium
- 2 TBSP sesame oil
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 3 eggs
- Heat the sesame oil in a large wok or skillet over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot add the pork and vegetables. Stir constantly to warm.
- Add rice, stir fry sauce, soy sauce and ginger to pan. Stir constantly until warmed through.
- Create a well in the center of the pan and add the three eggs. Stir to scramble eggs through the rice. Once cooked taste and adjust spices as needed.
- Remove pan from heat and serve.