I think I can, I think I can…. I will make it through this month with my sanity intact. Last night was dance class. At least with Daylight Savings Time change it is still light out when we head out on our drive and soon it will be light on the way home too. That just makes it easier.
I am beginning to experiment with more lasagna type dishes. I love that I can put them together and then stick it in the refrigerator until I am ready to bake it. I have found that if I am not going to bake the casserole and lasagna right away I like to add a bit more “sauce” to the dish so that it doesn’t dry out.
This was a good, solid dish. It traveled well in our “Dishes To-Go” that we use on dance nights to eat dinner in the car. The kids liked the flavors and it really was very simple to put together. I broke down and used two jars of Alfredo sauce but next time I make this and I have more time I will make my own Alfredo sauce to add even more flavor.
I served this with broccoli.
- 9 whole lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBSP dried parsley
- 1 lb chicken breasts, cooked and shredded into small pieces
- 12 slices of Virginia Baked Deli Ham, use a good quality
- 2 (15 oz) jars Alfredo Sauce with Roasted Garlic – you will only use about 1 1/2 jars
- 1 tsp powdered garlic
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of swiss cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- In one bowl mix the ricotta cheese, eggs and parsley together until well blended.
- In a second bowl mix together the chicken, 1 jar of Alfredo Sauce and garlic powder.
- In the bottom of the casserole dish pour 1/2 cup of Alfredo sauce from the second jar. Spread it evenly over the bottom of the dish.
- Layer three of the lasagna noodles in the bottom of the pan to completely cover the bottom of the pan. Trim ends as needed to make them fit.
- Place 1/2 the cheese mixture on top of the noodles and gently spread to completely cover the noodles.
- Pour 1/2 of the Alfredo Chicken mixture over the noodles and spread evenly.
- Place 6 slices of the deli ham over the chicken mixture to completely cover the pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over the ham.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles, trimming ends to fit into pan, on top of the mozzarella cheese and repeat steps 6-9 with the remaining ingredients.
- Place the final layer of lasagna noodles on top of the last layer. Press down slightly to compact the layers.
- Pour 1/2 cup of Alfredo Sauce from the 2nd jar onto the top of the noodles and spread evenly.
- Cover lasagna with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and remove aluminum foil. Sprinkle with the cup of swiss cheese across the top. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 30 more minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting. Use a very sharp knife to help keep layers together.