Unfrosted Cinnamon Roll
I don’t bake. I love to cook but baking is too exacting for me. You have to be precise in your measurements or it doesn’t rise or completely crumbles.
For my daughter’s slumber party I wanted to make a special breakfast so I found the EASIEST Breadmaker Cinnamon Rolls I could find on Pinterest. This recipe from CDKitchen.com for Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls Using a Bread Machine seemed to be exactly what I was looking for.
Frosted Cinnamon Roll
These were so easy. We were able to put the ingredients into the bread maker and an hour and a half later we had the dough. Rolling it out and adding the cinnamon and sugar was simple. Instead of making 12 large rolls we made 24 smaller rolls.
The girls loved them and we had leftovers for breakfast the next day.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/3 melted butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 butter, softened
- 4 TBSP butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Place ingredients for dough in order listed into bread maker pan. Use dough cycle on bread machine.
- When dough cycle is complete remove dough from pan and place on a floured surface. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into a rectangle with 1/4″ thickness.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Spread the softened butter over the dough rectangle.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the buttered dough.
- Roll the dough up on the long side of the rectangle.
- Cut dough into 24 pieces.
- Bake rolls in 2 9″ x 13″ pans coated with non-stick spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly browned at the top.
- Remove rolls from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Mix icing ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Frost slightly cooled rolls and serve.