I have been reading quite a few blogs lately and some of them scare me a bit. I am a bad mom. I didn’t know it before I read all these blogs. I let my children eat candy. I don’t buy organic vegetables. I don’t check their homework every night. I may be negligent because I let them play outdoors without my watchful eyes on them every moment. I encourage them to be (gasp) independent.
I guess we have always had the “judgy” Mommy groups. But, with the technology today it seems rampant. My thoughts are if something works for your family and you are harming no one, do what works for your family. I am not in your shoes and you are not in mine. What I do in my family may not work in yours and I have no authority to say you are wrong.
Let’s be nice to one another. We question ourselves enough and second guess our decisions enough. Let’s not do it to others.
(Steps down from soapbox.)
So, dinner last night was from my slow cooker again. I use my slow cooker year round. It doesn’t heat up my kitchen in the summer and I am trying to figure out how to make other things in it for sides. I would love to make the potatoes for potato salad or the tortellini for pasta salad. I am on a mission!
But, dinner last night was super easy. I put it on about noon and when we got home from dance at 7:00 pm we added a green spinach salad and green peas to the meal and we were ready to eat.
Both kids loved the meal. There was almost nothing left by the end of dinner. Everyone was really hungry and ate every bite of salad and vegetable.
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breast
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 packet dry Italian Seasoning Dressing Mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 peppers, thinly sliced (I had an orange and green on hand so that it what I used)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (use your favorites – I used provolone and cheddar mixed
- 8 mini sub rolls
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker.
- Layer onions and peppers over chicken.
- Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning Mix, Worcestershire sauce and water.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until cooked through.
- Shred chicken with two forks.
- Toast sub rolls in oven until lightly browned.
- Layer chicken, onions and peppers in a sub roll. Cover with cheese and serve.