I love the end of the school year. It cannot come soon enough for us. We love being home together for three months. But, for the next 7 school days life is hectic.
I am doing the big change over in clothes, coats and shoes. I put everything in bins sorted by person. So when I pull the clothes out I go through each bin to make sure things are going to fit for this season, they are not stained or had holes in them or that they never wore the item and it needs to go. I started last night with the summer clothes. I had a bag of trash and a huge bag of Goodwill items by the end of sorting all the items in the bins.
Then I emptied my dresser and closet and sorted the winter clothes too. More to giveaway but quite a bit to throw away. I even found some things I had totally forgotten about that had gotten pushed to the back of my closet. Then onto my daughter’s dresser. Oh boy. When she came home I showed her dresser to her and she was thrilled. Everything was sorted and folded or hung up. Tomorrow I need to sort the closet but it is so much better already.
So, for dinner I needed something quick and easy. I remember seeing this recipe all over Pinterest awhile ago for Green Beans, Chicken and Potatoes from Julie’s Eats and Treats.com. It was a one dish dinner. I thought I had a little bit of extra time tonight so I could easily make some changes that may change it a bit for my families tastes. I didn’t have space for the green beans in my pan so I cooked those in the microwave.
For four hungry people I definitely needed to add to this meal. In the original recipe it had green beans in the pan too but I didn’t want to overcrowd the dish so I steamed those on the side. I also added a green salad and my children were still looking for more food after dinner so I gave them extra vegetables.
We all agreed we liked this dish quite a bit. Next time I would leave out the basil and try thyme or sage. There was nothing wrong with it but I want to play with the spices more to see where I can take it.
- 1 pound boneless pork chops
- 4 large russet potatoes, cut into 2″ chunks
- 3 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13″ x 9″ baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Lay the pork chops down the long side of the dish. Try not to overlap too much.
- Lay the potatoes down the other side of the dish.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the entire top of the pork chops and potatoes.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, coriander, basil, salt and pepper over the entire dish.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the potatoes only.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and seal.
- Bake for 40 minutes covered then remove pan from oven. Remove foil and return to oven for 20 minutes.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before serving.