Day three without a kitchen sink. It is now glued back on but it needs to dry for 48 hours and then be sealed. I am getting really tired of not having a sink and running water in the sink. I can use my dishwasher but I don’t put pots and pans in it. So, I am still trying to keep the number of dishes to a minimum.
This fit the bill. I love egg roll wrappers right now. You can stuff them with so many different things and bake them or fry them for an easy meal. Think of all the different ways you could fill them and not just with Chinese egg roll fillings!
These were a perfect To-Go meal for us. The kids could eat them with their hands and because I made the sauce not too saucy there was little to no mess. Both kids gobbled them up and said they were awesome!
I served this with a side salad in their To-Go dishes.
- 8-12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- splash of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet over medium heat brown ground beef. Break into small pieces with the side of the spoon as it cooks.
- When beef is fully cooked drain all the fat from the pan. Add the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, and a splash of vinegar. Stir well and lower heat to medium low. Taste and adjust spices to your liking.
- Allow most of the sauce to cook into the meat. You want very little to no sauce left in the pan.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Layout 1 or 2 egg roll wrappers at a time. Place 2 TBSP mozzarella cheese in the center of each egg roll. Cover with meat mixture and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- To close egg rolls wet finger and bring up end of egg roll. Lightly wet the egg roll wrapper to seal.
- Bring side of egg roll together over lapping ends so the filling stays inside. Wet sides to seal.
- Place seam side up on parchment paper.
- Repeat steps 5-8 for each egg roll.
- Bake until golden brown about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.