Only one person in my family really loves Brussels Sprouts. I almost never made them because they usually go to waste. So, I decided this Thanksgiving to try to find a way to cook Brussels Sprouts so that everyone would eat them.
This was okay. They were not the most favorite side dish but everyone ate their veggies this year. The balsamic vinegar added just enough flavor to counteract the bitterness of the sprouts and roasting them brought out a bit of nature flavor.
- 2 lbs. Brussels Sprouts
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a rimmed cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Cut stem ends off the Brussels Sprouts and remove the tougher outer leaves.
- Cut each Brussels Sprout in half.
- Mix the Brussels Sprouts with the Balsamic Vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Drizzle in olive oil and mix.
- Place on rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Turn over the Brussels Sprouts and continue baking for 15-20 minutes until well cooked.
- Serve immediately.