Between now and Super Bowl Sunday I am planning on making and tasting quite a few appetizers. For us New Year’s Eve and Super Bowl Sunday are all about the food. Oh, and isn’t there a ball dropping and a game we are supposed to be paying attention to? But, for us we start weeks in advance planning the food!
So, if you are looking for small bites, dips or platters keep watch on my blog because we will be giving many Pinterest recipes a trial run.
I hate veggies. Really. But, even I ate this. As both kids said the cream cheese mixture is so flavorful that you are aware you are eating vegetables but they are almost an afterthought. The crust was crispy yet supple, the cheese was packed with tons of flavor and the veggies added a spark of crunch to the bites. It even looks pretty with all the vibrant veggies on top. Both kids voted this a must do for Super Bowl Sunday!
My son ate the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. It wasn’t as crispy but still tasted delicious!
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent rolls, 8 ct.
- 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp dill weed, dried
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- veggies – your choice suggestions include: diced red pepper, diced green pepper, small broccoli florets, shaved carrots, diced cucumber, olive slices, sliced grape tomatoes, etc…
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Press crescent dough into the bottom of an ungreased rimmed baking sheet. Slowly work the dough as close to the edges as you can get it. Dough will be thin but be careful to patch any holes that occur. Do it slowly and remove air bubbles as they occur in the dough or else your base may be too thick and have bubbles.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes. Remove crust from oven to cool for 30 minutes.
- While crust is cooling mix cream cheese, sour cream, dill weed, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl until well blended. Taste and adjust spices to your liking.
- Dice vegetables for pizza.
- Once crust is completely cooled spread cream cheese mixture over the dough leaving 1/4″ or so of crust showing around edges.
- Sprinkle veggies evenly over top of pizza and press down lightly.
- Cut into bite size pieces to serve.