We are a family of carnivores. A few times we have tried going vegetarian or semi-vegetarian but the smell of a really good steak cooking always seems to lure us back. Even my mostly vegetarian daughter can’t resist a good steak. The other night when I made a comment about my daughter being mostly vegetarian my son commented, “I could easily be a vegetarian too if meat didn’t taste so darn good!”
When I saw the recipe for “Best Steak Marinade in Existence” from Plainchicken.com I was skeptical.
You know when you see Best… you have to try it. I thought for sure this would be okay but not the best steak marinade in existence.
I think it was pretty amazing. I marinated two steaks and we ate three different meals using the leftover steaks. It made every dish I added the steak to taste better because of the additional flavor it brought to all the dishes.
I used gluten-free Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce so that my mostly gluten-free son could eat the same meat as we did.
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 TBSP Garlic powder
- 3 TBSP dried basil
- 1 1/2 TBSP dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tsp minced garlic (we LOVE garlic so I changed to 3 tsp from 1, adjust to your taste)
- Mix all ingredients in a Ziploc bag and add steak.
- Marinate at least 1 hour up to 8 hours.
- Cook as you normally would a steak.