So, on New Year’s Day we don’t eat a traditional meal. We snack all day long. I searched through Pinterest for easy and different appetizers for my family to try. I remember trying this dish about 20 years ago at a party and liking it but when I went to make it I thought it was going to be disgusting. I thought there was no way we were going to eat this and I was going to end up throwing all the meatballs away.
I was wrong! They were delicious. I really did think as I was mixing chili sauce and grape jam together that it smelled awful and I was going to throw it away. There was not a single meatball left by the end of the day.
The best part of this appetizer is you can let it sit in the slow cooker and other than an occassional stir there is nothing you have to fuss over.
For my mostly gluten-free son we used Meijer Mini Meatballs which do not contain wheat. Also the Heinz Chili sauce and grape jam are gluten-free. This was a great hot appetizer he could enjoy right along with everyone else.
- 1 1/2 lbs. frozen mini meatballs – 1/2 oz size
- 1 jar chili sauce
- 1 1/2 cups Concord Grape Jam
- Spray the bowl of the slow cooker with non-stick spray.
- Mix all ingredients in the slow cooker bowl. Cook on low until all ingredients are heated through.
- Serve with toothpicks for eating.