My family never seems to have a problem talking during dinner. I sometimes have to ask for them to settle down and actually eat their dinner. We sit at our little kitchen table each night, laugh, and solve the world’s problems. Sometime they are simple. Sometimes we have moral dilemma conversations that we will never solve.
Some ideas for conversation starters:
- If you could become any book character who would you become and why?
- If they were to make a movie of your life who would play each of the roles in your life? What attributes do the actors have that you see in each person?
- If you could choose your own name now what would it be and why?
- If you became head of the country today and could make 1 law. What would it be? How would it change our lives as a whole?
- You are building a new theme park. What is it based on and what would be the first thing you would build?
- You get to set the menu for dinner. What would be your dream meal? Is it balanced nutritionally? What else do you need to add?
- If you see someone cheating on a test and you don’t know them do you tell someone? Whom do you tell? What if it is your best friend?
- If you were to become famous for something what would it be? What would you do with your fame?
- Your family is now being played by Disney princesses and princes. Who is each person in your family and what characteristics do they have in common.
- Your family is now being played by Disney villans. Who is each person and what characteristics do they have in common.
- You are given $25,000 to do with as you please. What do you do with the money?
- How would you end poverty in the world? Does your answer change everyone else too or just the people living in poverty?
- You can add one store or restaurant to your town. What does it need? Do you think it could actually be supported in your area?
- If your life was a book what would the title be? What would the ending paragraph say about your life?
- If you could move to any country tomorrow where would you go? What do you expect to learn there and how long would you stay?
What would you add to the list?