Friday was insane so I did not get to a post about Thursday night’s dinner. My teenage daughter had a #DisneySide @homecelebration. It was lots of fun. The girls had a half-day of school so I picked them up and brought them to the house for a luncheon. They were so cute! They would all kill me if they knew I said it but they were.
I will have a post early next week about all of it but we had a great time making the Disney treats and the girls were cute playing Scattergories and chatting.
But, back to dinner on Thursday.
I made the Slow Cooker Mexican Spiced Boneless Pork Ribs (click for link to recipe) on Wednesday Night. I had leftover pork to use and we were all really craving “Pub Food.” I thought about making regular nachos but then my kids wanted potato skins so I decided to make a combination of Mexican Nachos and Irish Nachos. Irish Nachos are usually french fries with corned beef on top. I took the best of both nachos and created this.
They were really good! My kids added olives, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions and shredded lettuce to theirs. The nachos were spicy and comforting all at the same time.
I served this with a plate of cut vegetables on the side.
Best part for my mostly gluten-free son was that the Mexican Irish Nachos are gluten-free.
- 2 (22 oz) bags of steak fries
- 2 cups cheddar/Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mexican Spiced Boneless Pork Ribs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup medium taco sauce
- toppings as desired – olives, onions, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, etc…
- Bake fries according to package directions.
- While fries are cooking make the sour cream sauce by combining the sour cream and ranch dressing. Stir well and refrigerate until needed.
- When fries are slightly crispy on the outside remove from oven. Sprinkle the pork and cheese evenly across the fries.
- Return to oven until cheese has melted, 3-5 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Serve while hot drizzled with taco sauce, sour cream sauce and garnishes as desired.