Lately it seems that I cannot get it together enough to cook on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Tuesdays are the worst because from 1:00 or 2:00 pm until 10:00 pm we are in meetings, lessons, after school activities or on the road somewhere in between. Thursdays are okay, but we do not get home until 8:00 pm. So, I am trying something new. I am going to try to have casseroles on Thursdays and maybe try to make sandwiches To-Go on Tuesdays.
But, the past week my other half has been picking up the slack. My knee is getting better day by day but now my hip and back are aching because of how I am walking. I am not old, well yet anyways.
So, I usually tell her or my children what I want done and talk them through it. But, the other night I wasn’t home to help her. She did it perfectly on her own! You have to understand other than baking up until a few years ago the kids would cringe when they heard she was making dinner. It usually meant a burnt pan and something either over cooked or raw. I think our experiment has helped her too become more confident in her choices of what works.
The skin was perfectly browned and crispy while the insides were tender and juicy. Such a simple meal and so tasty. We had plenty of chicken leftover for another meal. Since it was so easy to make we cooked quite a bit of chicken to have plenty of leftovers for another meal.
This was served with stuffing and a vegetable.
- 2 lbs. thighs and drumsticks (skin on) – bake more if you wish to have leftovers for another meal!
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chicken skin side up in a baking dish. Melt butter in microwave and brush liberally with butter. Sprinkle salt and pepper over all the pieces.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, basting every 10 minutes with butter.
- Flip chicken over and bake for 10 more minutes until chicken is baked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.