Oven Roasted Corned Beef

With Saint Patrick’s Day coming up soon it is time to buy and cook Corned Beef briskets. This is our favorite time of year! Hope you enjoy!

Oven Roasted Corned Beef

We love Corned Beef.  For us it is not just for Saint Patrick’s Day.  I usually buy 2 or 3 during March when they are on sale and freeze them to use later in the year.

Saturday night I pulled one out to roast.  I wanted to try making Reuben Egg Rolls and I found an interesting recipe for Corned Beef Tacos.  I usually cook my Corned Beef in the slow cooker but it was 7 pm and I didn’t want to be up all night waiting for the meat to cook.  So, I gave oven roasting a try.

Verdict:

I may never go back to using my slow cooker again for cooking the corned beef.  It is simple to use the slow cooker and it tastes great.  But it tends to fall apart and you don’t get those really nice slice that I love.

The meat was tender, sliced beautifully and tasted great.

Oven Roasted Corned Beef

• Servings: 6-8
  • Difficulty: easy

Ingredients:

• 1 packaged corned beef
  • enough water to cover the bottom of the roasting pan 1/2″

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place corned beef in roasting pan, fat side up.
  3. Pour spice pack over the top of the corned beef.
  4. Pour water around the edge of the pan to 1/2″.
  5. Cover the pan with cover or aluminum foil.
  6. Bake for approximately 15 minutes per pound.  When internal temperature reaches a minimum of 145 degrees remove from oven.
  7. Allow to rest 5 minutes before slicing.

1. Wow, I’ve never baked a corned beef too, I’ve always used my crock pot. This would be a great method for when you want sandwiches with nice thick slices. Thanks for the tip!

2. Gouchis Girl says:

Looooooove! My mom always made corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick’s day. Now I’m the only one that likes it in my family so I never make it. 😦

My kids thankfully like Corned Beef. My daughter actually asked me to buy extra to make the Corned Beef and Guiness Slaw Tacos.

3. Daisy9979 says:

I’ve actually never had corned beef but a friend was talking some amazing sale on it at a local grocery store so I decided this is the year I give it a shot.

I never tried it until one St. Patrick’s Day that was all the we’re serving at a local joint and I was starving. Best thing I ever ate! We love Corned Beef Hash, sandwiches and Egg Rolls.

4. It is approaching, so I was about to ask you for something Irish! Thanks for posting!

Thank you!

5. I have never had corned beef can you believe it? Look good!

It is VERY salty. We love it!

1. I need to at least try it some time!