This was one of those days that we needed to have dinner available at several different times for everyone. You know I love my slow cooker for nights like this. Everyone can serve themselves and with a green side salad and a slice of bread this was a meal that was perfect for nights like this.
My family loves garlic in just about everything. I have never roasted it though. I don’t know why. I just don’t think about it. I slice it and mince it but never roasted it. It was so simple and they were eating the cloves right from the dish. I will definitely be doing this more often!
This made a huge batch and we had leftovers for lunches. It was smooth and tasted great. We all loved the roasted garlic flavor in the soup. IF you don’t like garlic this is not the soup for you. It has a large smooth garlic flavor that is great if you do love garlic.
This soup will definitely go into our rotation because it was so simple and tasted great!
I served this with a green side salad and sliced bread for dipping.
I served these with corn and brown beans.
Roasted Garlic and Potato Slow Cooker Soup
- 3 lbs. red potatoes cut into bite sized pieces
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 large heads of garlic, roasted
- parsley for garnish, if desired
- In a large slow cooker mix, potatoes, chicken stock, raw garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until potatoes are fork tender.
- Half and hour before serving, using an immersion blender blend soup to desired smoothness. You can make it as chunky or smooth as you like. Add roasted garlic and cream and blend. Let sit 5 – 10 minutes to set flavors. Taste and adjust flavors as necessary.
- Serve hot sprinkled with parsley if desired.