You know I love my slow cooker. Having a variety of recipes for it that are fairly simple and tasty are a life saver for a busy family. I found this recipe for Slow Cooker Pepper Steak on Recipe.com (click for link to original recipe).
You know I encourage you to make a recipe your own and that is what I did for with this recipe.
My family thought this was a great recipe. Check the saltiness for your family. I use a low sodium soy sauce and I was really worried about it being too salty for my family but it came out perfectly. I served over long grain rice cooked with beef stock and my kids ate it all up so there was nothing left for lunch the next day.
Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
- 3 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef steak (mine was frozen so I cut into thick slices before putting it in the slow cooker)
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 packet Lipton Beefy Onion Soup Mix
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (I use Low Sodium)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 medium bell peppers any color, cut into 3/4-inch strips
- 6 cups cooked rice or noodles
crispy chow mein noodles for garnish, if desired
Directions:1. In 3- to 4-quart slow cooker, layer beef, onions and garlic. In small bowl, mix soup mix, black pepper and soy sauce; pour over beef.2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until beef is tender.3. In small bowl, mix cornstarch and water; gradually stir into beef mixture. Stir in bell peppers. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cover; cook about 5 minutes longer until peppers are cooked through. Serve over rice or noodles.