Sorry this is so late today. It has been incredibly fun and relaxing all at the same time. This is why I am late:
The kids went to camp and then this:
We are on vacation!!!!
But, I knew the kids were leaving for camp and the car was packed. I knew dinner was going to be tough so when I made Schnitzel the other night we made extra for this dinner. Other than warming the meat and toasting a few rolls dinner was quick and easy. We had a macaroni salad and any leftover greens in a salad.
I loved these sandwiches. Putting them on a pretzel roll with Swiss Cheese and a choice of toppings let everyone make their own special sandwich.
I was so happy to have a nice, quick picnic dinner ready for nights like this.
- 4-6 Schnitzel, made previously or fresh (recipe I used for Schnitzel – click for link)
- 6 slices Swiss Cheese
- Sandwich toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion
- Thousand Island Dressing
- 6 Pretzel rolls, toasted
- Heat Schnitzel in the oven at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- While the Schnitzel is heating place toppings in bowls on table or counter to let each person make their own sandwich.
- In the last 4-5 minutes of warming add rolls, split in half, to oven to toast.
- Remove pan from the oven when Schnitzel is warmed through and place on top of roll. Allow each person to choose their own sandwich toppings and serve.