Getting ready for football games this weekend? We love football and appetizers in our house. I try to change them up each week adding one or two new ones to our usual staples of dips and wings. When I read about the Sausage Balls I was a bit skeptical. I love sausage but Bisquick and cheddar cheese? It sounded weird. I actually went out and bought Bisquick to make these.
*Please note I am not compensated in any way by Bisquick. I bought the product and all thoughts and opinions are my own.
The kids LOVED these. I thought they were good. They were better with a mustard dip. These are a heavy appetizer. I made the first batch into about 1″ balls but they were really too much. The rest of the batch I cut down to 1/2″ balls. This made about 48 bites.
Bisquick Sausage Balls
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 1 lb. bulk Italian Sausage or casings removed
- 16 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a rimmed baking sheet.
- Stir together all ingredients until well blended. Roll into 1/2″ or 1″ balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 20-23 minutes until browned. Remove immediately from pan and serve with dipping sauce.