I love passing this tree. It is my touchstone for the seasons. Right now it is turning bright reds and oranges for fall but I know before long I will be watching it bud and turn green with the hope that spring is coming.
This is not a great picture of what was actually a really tasty meal. The best part is you can make it with as little as 4 ingredients! You can add two extra ingredients to make it out of this world but really only the 4 main ingredients are needed to make a tasty dish.
This meal was put together at the last-minute. I had no idea what it was going to taste like or even if it would turn out but it turned out to be a dish we will be repeating. The juices from the pork chops seep down and the barbecue sauce combined with the potatoes and onions make the potatoes much better than I thought they could be. The pork was tender and tasty. Also because it was only cooked for 4 hours on high the meat stayed together in chops and didn’t fall apart. If you cook it longer they meat may fall apart. It still tastes great but you don’t retain the texture of the whole chop.
Adding cheese and crispy bacon to the top of the meal 20 minutes before serving will send this dish over the top. I decided not to do that on the first night I served this dish but my son added his own cheese as you can see in the picture. Adding to the slow cooker add a layer of cheesy goodness to the whole dish.
I served this with green beans and a side salad to complete the meal.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork Chops and Sliced Potatoes
- 4 large boneless pork chops – about 1 1/2 lbs.
- 6-8 large potatoes, sliced thinly
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (favorite homemade or bottle)
- salt and pepper
- shredded cheese, crispy bacon and extra barbecue sauce for serving, if desired
- Place potatoes in bottom of slow cooker. Top with sliced onions. Pour 1/2 of barbecue sauce over potatoes and onions.
- Salt and pepper pork chops on both sides before laying them over the top of the potatoes and onions.
- Pour remaining barbecue sauce over the pork.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
- Before serving, if desired sprinkle pork chops with crispy bacon and cheese cover slow cooker and allow to rest for 15-20 minutes until cheese melts.
- Serve with extra barbecue sauce if desired.