Susan from Susan Loves Books (click for link to her blog!) was asking about my Deviled Egg Potato Salad yesterday. It is actually macaroni salad that I made but I thought what a great idea! So, next time I am making this as potato salad. See inspiration for different dishes comes from all sorts of places!
How do you make your Deviled Eggs? Does your family love them? Then how about making them into your macaroni or potato salad? It is very easy to do. Whether your family likes them sweet with a bit of sweet pickle relish or sour with a bit of dill weed or dill pickle juice, plain with mustard is up to you! Be creative!
I didn’t sprinkle Paprika over my salad as my family doesn’t like Paprika over their eggs so I left it off. This is how I make my Deviled Eggs for my family. Use your recipe and add it to macaroni, potatoes and mayonnaise for a delicious salad!
Remember you want a high egg to pasta ratio so it has more egg taste and is not all pasta.
I served this dish with Oven Slow Roasted Ribs and Baked Beans for a perfect picnic!
Deviled Egg Macaroni Salad
- 1 (12 oz) box pasta, your choice
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, cooked, peeled and chopped
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, white or apple cider
- salt and pepper to taste
- your choice: diced onions, chopped celery, diced red peppers, sweet pickle relish, dill pickle relish, paprika or Cayenne pepper
- Stir together pasta, eggs, mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar in a large bowl. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed.
- Stir in your add-ins as desired. Keep tasting and adjusting to what your family prefers. Mine likes sweet so we use more sweet pickle relish and no onions for my girl. 🙂
- Serve immediately or chill until serving. Sprinkle with paprika or Cayenne pepper just before serving if desired.