Now that we are home, easy meals are at the top of my list. We still have lots of laundry, cleaning, and tons of catching up to do. Meals are the last thing I want to be fussing over. This recipe is one I have seen on-line several times but never could quite commit to making. I decided this was the night.
When I asked my daughter to make dinner the first question she asked was, “How easy is it?” Super simple. When I was done telling her what to do she did say how HARD it was and how could I be so mean to her (sarcasm).
I didn’t even get one bite of the meal but everyone else was telling me they were sneaking bites from the slow cooker and they didn’t know if it was going to make it to the table. The one request I did have from two of my family members was to add more whole mild Peppercini peppers next time. I only added 6 not sure how they would feel about the peppers. I now know!
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs. chicken breast (can be whole but I cut mine into strips to get more flavor over them)
- 1 packet dry ranch salad dressing mix
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into slices
- 6+ Mild (or Hot – your choice) whole Peppercini Peppers
- Place chicken breasts in bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle the contents of both packets over the chicken. Place the slices of butter over the top of the ranch dressing/gravy mix. Drop the Peppercini peppers into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until done. Do NOT over cook!
- Serve on rolls, over rice, potatoes or a salad!