Those easy meals extended to our Easter dinner. We had a spiral ham and I didn’t want to use the packaged glaze so I needed a super simple glaze that also tasted good.
I added baked sweet potatoes, steamed asparagus, rolls and salad to the ham and that was dinner. Nothing super fussy. Simple.
Everyone thought this ham was delicious. The addition of the cinnamon really brought a whole new dimension to the flavor of the ham. It sounds strange but it was surprisingly good!
- Spiral-cut ham or a ham cut with deep diamond cuts
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1\2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place ham in pan. Place ham in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove ham from oven. In bowl mix maple syrup, balsamic vinegar and cinnamon until well blended. Pour over ham fanning open ham slices to get the glaze inside too.
- Return ham to oven. Bake about 15 minutes for every pound of ham until cooked through (minus 20 minutes already cooked). Baste ham regularly while baking.
- Remove ham from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.