This was one of my first recipes posted and one of my families favorites. Quick, easy meals are always tops on my list. This meal can be put together and baked in about 30 minutes. Just enough time to have the kids help you put together a salad and vegetable while the bread is baking!
My family loves bread. My daughter would give up cake and cookies to eat bread. Every once in a while I make stuffed bread meals that are simple and they love. My kids have asked to have this again and be able to stuff their own pieces with their choice of toppings.
Serve with a salad and vegetable for a complete meal.
- One large loaf of Italian Bread
- 1 jar of Pasta Sauce (or 2 cups of homemade sauce
- 1 (8 oz) container of Ricotta Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 heaping tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. parsley
- grated Parmesan Cheese
- Pepperoni, cooked sausage, or other toppings of your choice such as peppers, onions, etc…
- Pre heat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Mix Ricotta, 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, egg, garlic powder, oregano, parsley and a handful of Parmesan cheese in a mixing bowl until well blended.
- Slice the bread horizontally and vertically to make 4 large slices of bread. Hollow out the center of each piece to make “boats” to fill.
- Fill boats with cheese mixture.
- Place bread on cookie sheet. Spread Spaghetti Sauce over cut side of bread.
- Add any toppings of your choice. I used Pepperoni slices on our bread.
- Sprinkle remaining cup of Mozzarella Cheese over top. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Place in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until browned on top.
- Remove from oven. Let sit for 5 minutes before slicing so that cheese has time to come together.