You know I love making some of our favorite dishes into new items. This is one of those dishes. Philly Cheesesteaks are delicious! I have made them into Philly Cheesesteak Pasta Bake (click for link to recipe), Slow Cooker Ground Beef Philly Cheesesteaks (click for link to recipe), and Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes (click for link to recipe). Now Philly Cheesesteak Pizza!
When I say garlic sauce I mean GARLIC sauce. This is chock full of garlic. If you don’t care for as much garlic cut it in half taste and adjust spices as necessary.
My family loved the pizza. My daughter loved the crust, sauce and cheese. She was not a fan of the onions. Imagine that.
Serve the pizza with a side salad to complete the meal.
Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
- 1 lb. ball of pizza dough
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz. provolone cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
Garlic Cream Sauce:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Mix the ingredients for the garlic sauce together until well blended. Taste and adjust spices as necessary. Cover and set aside in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Pull dough into a large round circle. Place on pizza stone. Cook crust for 3-5 minutes until set at 400 degrees.
- While pizza crust is cooking in a skillet over medium heat cook peppers and onions in olive oil until onions turn translucent.
- Remove pizza crust from oven. Spread garlic sauce on pizza crust leaving a 1/2″ ring around edge.
- Cover with roast beef. Place provolone over top. Sprinkle with onions and peppers over top.
- Bake pizza for 10-12 minutes until bottom turns golden and top is starting to brown.
- Remove pizza from and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting.