Updated: July 6, 2017
I first made this salad almost exactly two years ago. We had guests this week and I wanted to make something different so I went back through my recipes and found this recipe. Everyone loved it once again! I updated the recipe a bit with the spices.
I think if my daughter could she would drink vinegar straight from the bottle. It doesn’t matter what kind of vinegar it is either. Balsamic, Apple Cider, Red Wine, Malt, she loves them all. When I mentioned that I was making Balsamic Potatoes again she was very excited but asked if we could add Feta cheese to them this time.
Why not? I am a firm believer in the need to change things up to suit your tastes.
This was amazing! The saltiness of the feta was offset by the sweetness of the balsamic vinegar. Make sure you are using a really good balsamic vinegar that does not have any of the bitter undertones that some salad versions can have.
Both of my children love this side because it packs a wow factor in the flavor department. I serve this side grilled chicken, pork and steak.
Balsamic Roasted Potato Salad with Feta
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 6 TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 – 3 lbs. red potatoes,quartered
- 1/4-1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a rimmed baking sheet place potatoes in a single layer. Drizzle potatoes with olive oil, stir to coat.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Mix together vinegar, honey, paprika, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Remove potatoes from oven and allow potatoes to cool to almost room temperature.
- Mix potatoes with vinegar mixture until coated to your liking. You may not need the entire mixture. Taste and adjust spices as needed. If you would like it more tart add a bit of vinegar or sweeter add a bit of honey.
- Sprinkle with feta and stir. Serve at room temperature.