Have people over all summer long? We wanted a sweet treat that was simple to make and serve and this certainly fit the bill. It is great for a morning treat with breakfast or an after dinner bite. We can’t wait to try this with other flavors and toppings!
I was skeptical that this would turn out let alone that my kids would like it. They tend not to like the canned rolls but this was hard to tell what it was. It didn’t have that canned taste that the kids don’t like.
We are going to try this with different fruit toppings added to the top for different flavors.
Cream Cheese Danish Bars
- 2 packages crescent rolls (without seams if possible)
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Press one can of crescent rolls into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Pressing any seams together.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and vanilla together until smooth. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crescent roll base.
- Place the second can of crescent rolls over the top of the cream cheese mixture pressing any seams closed and gently pressing to sides of pan.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter. Brush over top layer of danish. Mix together 1/4 cup of granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top of the butter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into bars.