Fall and football season are my favorite time of year. I have been following the preseason games wondering how this season will play out. Whether you watch college, professional, or high school games there are those times that you want a warm, creamy dip for snacking on before or during the game. This is also great to make for guests who just happen to stop by. Keep a can of dried beef on hand and most of the other ingredients are items I have in my fridge and pantry for those times you want to serve your guests something but you don’t quite know what to serve.
My family likes this dip because it is so easy to put together both kids can easily make it on their own. You can easily customize this dip with other spices if you like. The kids like to play with it adding more garlic or onion powder to make the flavor more intense. It is entirely up to you!
Creamy Warm Dried Beef Dip
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4.5 oz) jar dried beef, thinly sliced and chopped (remember to rinse and dry the beef before chopping)
- 2 heaping tablespoons chopped pepper (red or green your preference)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- black pepper, to taste
- bread, vegetables, or crackers for serving
- parsley, for serving if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 1 qt Ramekin or casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Cream the cream cheese and sour cream together using a mixer in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in beef, pepper, onion, garlic powder, and black pepper until well blended. Taste and adjust spices as necessary to your taste.
- Spread dip into Ramekin and bake for 25 – 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. Remove dip from oven and allow to set a few minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving if desired.