Notice a trend in my posts lately? Creamy. Slow Cooker, Warm. All the titles have fall like comfort words. Yes, we are getting (or have already started) back to school in many areas. This is my New Year’s Day when the kids head back to school. I always see the passage of time in school years even though I have long been out of school.
We officially start school after Labor Day but my son’s Academically Gifted and Talented Education (AGATE) and Academically Talented Youth Program (ATYP) start before school. So, next week he starts Latin. I need to wrap my head around the new schedule. So, I am practicing getting dinners ready for nights like last night where we eat in several “shifts.” My kids ate at 4:45 pm while I ate at 8:00 pm.
My daughter made this and was so pleased with how it turned out. (She took the picture above and sent it to me to see how well she did!) You can see the cream cheese did not mix through thoroughly but that was my fault. When I was having her stir the sauce I didn’t have her remove the chicken first and then put the chicken back in just before serving it.
Both kids loved it with a little bit of black pepper and parsley over the top. The kids made instant rice (thankful to have some leftover from a previous recipe) so they had dinner ready while I was showering and getting ready for a meeting. I love meals like this.
Creamy Ranch Slow Cooker Chicken
- 2-3 lbs. split breast chicken
- 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing mix
- 1 cup beef stock
- black pepper and parsley, for serving if desired
- rice, pasta, or potatoes for serving, if desired
- Place chicken in bottom of slow cooker. Top with cream cheese pieces and beef stock. Sprinkle with dressing over chicken and cheese. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from bowl and shred off the bone. Stir sauce well. Return chicken back to sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. Serve warm over rice, pasta, or potatoes as desired.