Like most families we know in this section of the country we are trying to hold on to the last few days of summer before our kids head back to school this week. Last night we watched the sunset about 8:45 pm which is almost an hour earlier than it was back in June. Sigh.
To keep the summer feeling going I served a Peach, Feta, and Pecan Salad the other day. Peaches allow me to pretend it is still early summer although they do not fully ripen here until mid to late August.
This was a nice refreshing lunch salad. My son wanted candied pecans but I thought the honey and peaches added enough sweetness to the dish.
Next time I may serve this for dinner and just add a bit of grilled chicken to make the meal complete.
Peach, Feta, and Pecan Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1\2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1\4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Baby spinach and mixed greens
- Peaches, we used one per salad, pitted and sliced into 8 -10 sections each
- Feta cheese
- Pecans, toasted in butter
- In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt, and black pepper. Taste and adjust ingredients as necessary. We tend to not like oily dressing so we add more vinegar but it is entirely up to you.
- Place spinach on a plate topped by sliced peaches, pecans, and feta cheese. Drizzle dressing over the entire salad and serve.